Last year we introduced a new booking system which was received favourably by many. We have decided to continue with this for 2020.
We are inviting people to submit their expressions of interest (now) for the 2020 Wangapeka programme. This means that if you would like to run a retreat / course at the Centre during 2020 you will need to do the following:
- Provide a theme / title and state the suggested length of your course / retreat. If important state the time of year that you would like (if you have specific dates please mention these) N.B. priority is given to our Senior Teachers from mid-January to mid-May.
- Send your request to the Wangapeka Retreat Centre (either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to: Wangapeka Study & Retreat Centre, 355 Wangapeka River Rd, RD2, Wakefield 7096) for the attention of the Programmes Committee before March 16th 2019.
The Programmes Committee will convene to look over all the “expressions of interest” received and will do its best to try and accommodate these into the 2020 programme. For some of you the course dates may need to be renegotiated. However, more importantly, you need to know that it may not be possible to accommodate all the requests that are received. In this regard the “Annual Wangapeka Programme Outline” will be used to guide decisions.
If after the initial programming choices are made there is still space in the programme then this will probably be made available, subject to programming committee review and board approval, and allocated on a “first come, first served” basis.
With all good wishes and looking forward to hearing from you,
Mark Schrader, Karen Harley, Faith Downey and Jane Hobday
(Wangapeka Programmes Committee)
Components of the Annual Wangapeka Programme Outline presented to the AGM (2016):
- At least one in depth meditation retreat (1 – 3 months)
- A body/movement retreat
- A family/community focused retreat
- 2 Introductory meditation Retreats
- Retreats and workshops run by experienced sangha members
- An experimental or new retreat/course
- A young adults course
- Time for Centre maintenance
- Space for ‘regular’ groups to hire the Centre as a venue (2 – 3 months)
- The Wangapeka AGM weekend
- Working bee weekends and hui
- Solo retreats in the WET huts
- The annual Board and caretakers retreat
- An open day for locals
- “Miscellaneous” courses